Prefer to D.I.Y.?
Learn how to make and manage a website and/or blog with our personal hands-on one-on-one tutoring! Our tutoring is perfect for beginners, individuals, and small businesses. No experience is needed!
There are many different ways to create a website, but we’ll show you how to create one using the popular and powerful WordPress platform. You’ll learn:
- How to get connect your domain and hosting and get them working to create your site
- How to install WordPress
- How to install themes and plugins
- The difference between pages and posts
- About sidebars, widgets, and controlling your own menus
- How to work with media (images and videos)
- How to use comments and discussion, including moderating and spam control
ShiftWeb provides one-on-one or group tutorials at $75 an hour. Most people learn a lot within just 1-2 hours.
- Good general knowledge of the internet
- You must bring a laptop capable of connecting to WiFi internet
- You must have a domain name (We will assist you if you need one)
- You must have a web hosting account (We will assist you with one)
Every website on the world wide web needs to have space on a server so it can be presented to the world. There are a lot of hosting companies out there and in case you can’t tell which one is perfect for you, we can help. We’ve done all the ground work for you and we’ve found the best hosting company for you to use. We’ll walk you through each step of the way on how to get started.
WordPress is web software you can use to create a website or blog AND also update it without needing to hire a web developer or designer. WordPress is flexible, highly customizable, super user-friendly, and is a great content management system (CMS). You can use it for blogs, small business websites, and even e-commerce. If you haven’t as yet, please read this blog post on why WordPress is awesome. If you’d like to learn the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, see this blog post.